Details of scams targeting independent garage businesses that the IGA is aware of can be found below:
- Remote access scams
- Energy bill and cost-of-living scams
- Fraudulent Alarm Company Calls
- COVID-19 Scams
- Fraudulent calls from High Court Bailiffs
- Card Not Present “Tyre Scam”
- Government Legal Department (GLD) fraudulent calls
- Business Rate Relief Fraud
- False affiliation with the RMI and Trust My Garage
- Web Domain Email Scam
- Vehicle Repair and Recovery Scam
- VAT Business Directory Scam
- Advertising Scam
- Online Business Directories
- UK Data Control Business Scam
Report a Scam
To report a scam to the UK authorities, please call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or fill in an online report via their website here.
If you believe you have been affected by any of the scams above or would like to report a new scam, please contact us via our direct membership helpline number on 01788 225 908 or email us at email@example.com so we can make other members aware of what is happening.
This page will be updated with new scams as we are made aware of them.