Head of Member Services - Rugby/London
The Independent Garage Association, part of the Retail Motor Industry Federation, is the largest and most prominent trade body in the automotive industry representing the interests of independent garages large and small across the country.
The Head of Member Services role requires an individual with a wide range of automotive skill and experience spanning the entire UK motor industry with a particular focus on the independent service and repair sector. The incumbent will also need to work at a forensic level of detail and have a comprehensive understanding of the pressures, challenges and demands placed on SMEs in an increasingly complex legislative and regulatory landscape.
The successful candidate will need to be passionate about cars and the motor industry and be able to communicate that passion at all levels. A positively driven individual capable of growing the Association and supporting member businesses by influencing industry developments and political lobbying.
An understanding of the technology in modern motor vehicles is crucial combined with an informed and insightful view of the likely direction of the sector, at a time of change and uncertainty both for the country and the industry.
The role requires an individual who is equally at home speaking to individual business owners as well as presenting to large audiences of industry professionals and who can convey complex and nuanced information in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner.
This role works across two offices, Rugby, Warwickshire & London.
- To support members in the day-to-day challenges of running an independent garage.
- To retain and grow the businesses in IGA membership.
- To increase the influence of the IGA spanning industry developments and political lobbying.
- To understand, interpret and communicate the current and future issues for independent garages.
- Enhancing the IGA profile; presenting the IGA’s position at industry events and groups, maintaining awareness of the association.
- Manage Membership Engagement and Retention.
- Oversee Communications and Marketing.
- Departmental Responsibility for Accounts.
- Staff Management; Manage training and development of all reports.
- Supporting the IGA CEO; deputising in meetings and industry events. Providing research and comment on industry developments, direction and technology. Acting as a sounding board for new projects, products and services.
- General; attend and present at executive board meetings and association management meetings, present at Trade shows and regional events across the UK.
- Relevant industry professional qualifications
- Educated to Degree level
- Strong IT skills and experienced in use of MS Outlook, Word & Excel
- Demonstrable understanding of the Independent service & repair network
- Background in automotive service & repair sector
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work load & react to changing situations
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong relationship building; excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the industry
- Time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage short notice changes
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Availability to travel UK wide
- Full valid driving licence
- Laptop, iPad/Tablet
- Mobile phone
- Company car
- Fuel card (business use)
Please apply with a CV detailing qualifications and covering letter to . NO AGENCIES.